Phil Scully has made a name for himself as an experienced business architect, having held roles at some of the worlds most credible brands across the past 17 years including Marks & Spencer, Whitbread and currently Costa. Now the CIO of the UK’s largest coffeehouse chain, we spoke to Phil about his shift into cyber security and the challenges that have come with it.
WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW BELOW:
1) What do you see as the biggest challenges when implementing information security?
2) What tips would you give CIO’s when implementing information security?
3) What do you think the future challenges are in information security?
4) Where do you think the role of CISO should report and why?
5) How do you see information security impacting your business in the next 3 years?
6) How do you maintain a balance between business transformation and day to day cyber security?
7) What is your perception on machine learning from a information security point of view?
8) How do you ensure cyber security is at the heart of a business rather than siloed within the IT department?
9) What type of traits would you look for in a great CISO?
10) Are there any traits which you believe hinder a CISO?
11) Where do you think the dividing line is between a CIO and a CISO?
1) WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES WHEN IMPLEMENTING INFORMATION SECURITY?
2) WHAT TIPS WOULD YOU GIVE CIO’S WHEN IMPLEMENTING INFORMATION SECURITY?
3) WHAT DO YOU THINK THE FUTURE CHALLENGES ARE IN INFORMATION SECURITY?
4) WHERE DO YOU THINK THE ROLE OF CISO SHOULD REPORT AND WHY?
5) HOW DO YOU SEE INFORMATION SECURITY IMPACTING YOUR BUSINESS IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS?
6) HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN A BALANCE BETWEEN BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION AND DAY TO DAY CYBER SECURITY?
7) WHAT IS YOUR PERCEPTION ON MACHINE LEARNING FROM AN INFORMATION SECURITY POINT OF VIEW?
8) HOW DO YOU ENSURE CYBER SECURITY IS AT THE HEART OF A BUSINESS RATHER THAN SILOED WITHIN THE IT DEPARTMENT?
9) WHAT TYPE OF TRAITS WOULD YOU LOOK FOR IN A GREAT CISO?
10) ARE THERE ANY TRAITS WHICH YOU BELIEVE HINDER A CISO?
11) WHERE DO YOU THINK THE DIVIDING LINE IS BETWEEN A CIO AND A CISO