Bridget Kenyon is a highly experienced member of the information security industry, holding CISO roles at a number of companies across the UK, Bridget has also been a member and editor at the Internation Organization for Standardization since 2008. Currently the Global CISO at Thales eSecurity, we met with Bridget to learn about a number of security-related issues, such as:
- Her thoughts on the real tangible loss from breaches
- Why we should be calling it ‘information security’ rather than ‘cyber security’
- What SMEs can do to protect themselves from information breaches
- Her top tips for implementing ISO 27001
WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW BELOW:
1) Cyber attacks are attracting greater attention in the media. Is this an accurate reflection of the landscape?
2) What is the biggest problem or threat facing cyber security in 2019?
3) What’s your greatest current concern with the industry?
4) Do you think organisations suffer real tangible loss from breaches?
5) Which sectors are the most prone to attack or targets moving forward?
6) What can SMEs do to protect themselves from information security breaches?
7) What are the 3 most important skills needed to be successful in cyber security?
8) What is your stance on calling it ‘information security’ over ‘cyber security’?
9) Are there any skills that are hard to find when it comes to recruiting new Information security staff?
10) Do you think information security firms do enough to train their staff?
11) What’s your best advice for retaining information security talent?
12) Would there be any specific ways you encourage someone into a career in information security?
13) What are your top tips for implementing ISO 27001?
14) What’s the difference between information security and privacy ?
1) CYBER ATTACKS ARE ATTRACTING GREATER ATTENTION IN THE MEDIA. IS THIS AN ACCURATE REFLECTION OF THE LANDSCAPE?
2) WHAT IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OR THREAT FACING CYBER SECURITY IN 2019?
3) WHAT’S YOUR GREATEST CURRENT CONCERN WITH THE INDUSTRY?
4) DO YOU THINK ORGANISATIONS SUFFER REAL TANGIBLE LOSS FROM BREACHES?
5) WHICH SECTORS ARE THE MOST PRONE TO ATTACK OR TARGETS MOVING FORWARD?
6) WHAT CAN SMES DO TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM INFORMATION SECURITY BREACHES?
7) WHAT ARE THE 3 MOST IMPORTANT SKILLS NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN CYBER SECURITY?
8) WHAT IS YOUR STANCE ON CALLING IT ‘INFORMATION SECURITY’ OVER ‘CYBER SECURITY’?
9) ARE THERE ANY SKILLS THAT ARE HARD TO FIND WHEN IT COMES TO RECRUITING NEW INFORMATION SECURITY STAFF?
10) DO YOU THINK INFORMATION SECURITY FIRMS DO ENOUGH TO TRAIN THEIR STAFF?
11) WHAT’S YOUR BEST ADVICE FOR RETAINING INFORMATION SECURITY TALENT?
12) WOULD THERE BE ANY SPECIFIC WAYS YOU ENCOURAGE SOMEONE INTO A CAREER IN INFORMATION SECURITY?
13) WHAT ARE YOUR TOP TIPS FOR IMPLEMENTING ISO 27001?
14) WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INFORMATION SECURITY AND PRIVACY?